You may find it a hassle to carry out all your own auto repairs for your newly bought used cars in Grants Pass Oregon as it involves sourcing the right parts, chasing suppliers, following a set of repair guidelines, and adhering to manufacturer specifications, depending of course what repair project you set up for yourself.
On top of that, you need to know which essential maintenance tasks you need to perform and how often it should be done. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a free maintenance schedule handy, so you know which tasks should be conducted regularly, and when?
Would you say that it is the auto body repair shops in Grants Pass responsibility to provide you with a detailed schedule of required maintenance to keep your truck running strong for 150,000 miles or more?
Then again, how much of that is really essential to overall reliability and durability of your vehicle? After all, how much of the repair and maintenance work can you do yourself as opposed to getting it done by a professional auto repair specialist?
Can the routine maintenance tasks be done by an independent repair body shop, or does it have to be carried out by the manufacturer?
Based on decades of experience, reputed repair specialists put together a primary maintenance schedule together so you may take care of the essentials to ensure your vehicle provide you with a full-service life.
Will your truck break or fail if you do not follow the recommended schedule and do these services? Not necessarily. There are tens of thousands of fortunate truck owners around who carry on living in blissful ignorance while they continue driving their vehicle well beyond the recommended maintenance intervals. At least until something fails to leave them stranded on the side of the road, making them feel very frustrated and angry at a vehicle that just failed them.
The reverse is also true. You may be the type of guy or girl who follows protocol and sees to it that your truck gets serviced regularly. But, even with the best maintenance plan, they do break, transmissions play up, engines fail, radiators and air conditioning compressors seize, etc.
Here is a specific guideline on which maintenance tasks need to be carried out to ensure a more worry-free ride.
Routine Task to Perform Every 3,000 to 5,000 Miles
- Change your engine oil and filter every 3,000 to 5,000 miles to ensure engine longevity.
- Essential maintenance inspection that involves inspecting the hoses, belts, brakes, all fluid levels, wiper blades, and lighting system to keep a close check at the critical components of your car. You should not incur any charges for these tasks.
- Perform a thorough brake check at every oil change to maintain safe braking and avoid costly damage to the rotors and drums
- Check tire pressure and tread depth on a monthly basis to maximize tire tread life and your safety
- Rotate tires every 6,000 to 8,000 miles
Maintenance Tasks to Carry Out Annually or Every 15,000 Miles
- Change your air filter, wiper blades, and PCV Valve Filter
- To extend the service life of your vehicle, and overcome any possible repair obstacles, change transmission and transfer case fluid, change differential fluid, change the fuel filter.
- Also, you should have your battery inspected as well as tighten any battery cables and connections
- Sprayhood/door/hatch/trunk/latches, and hinges with aerosol lubricant
Routine Maintenance Every 3 Years or 30,000 to 50,000 Miles
All the subsequent repair and maintenance jobs should be done to extend the service life of your car:
- Change transmission fluid and filter, differential fluid
- Change transfer case oil, brake fluid, and bleed your brakes
- Change fuel filter, engine coolant, and cabin filter
- Remove spark plugs to inspect, and reinstall with anti-seize
- Maintenance Tasks Every 4 to 6 Years or 60,000 to 100,000 Miles
- Ensure you get your cooling system hoses, serpentine belt, radiator cap, thermostat, and spark plugs replaced
- Inspect the spark plug wires
- Check and change the timing belt to avoid a potential breakdown or engine damage.
These are all the suggested maintenance tasks that can make the difference between your vehicle delivering 150,000 miles without any major failures, and one that leaves the car owner stranded on the side of the road with a hefty repair bill. Have a discussion with your local used trucks dealership in Grants Pass concerning reduced rates and special promotions on offer by an auto repair shop in your area.